In 2020, the 5th milestone of the Legal accessibility initiative was designed to focus on two topics:
- The European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation as an EU tool
- The cross-border cooperation of ambulance services.
Regarding the two topics, we planned to realise three activities in 2020:
- 15 years of the EGTCs (collection of studies)
- European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation: innovation of European Law and territorial integration (professional event in Brussels)
- 3rd seminar of Central European National Ambulance Services.
Coronavirus pandemic overrode our original plans: we cannot organise the Brussels event in person. What is more, we were not able to hold the ambulances’ seminar even in online format due to the overload of the health care capacities. We had to modify the project: we postponed its closing deadline and made content-wise amendments, too. As a new activity, we included the analysis of the impacts of the pandemic on border regime.
More detailed description of the separate activities are available at the links below: